By Joe Low
Don’t Leave Your Yard Cleanup Until Spring!
- Enjoy a clean yard all winter, and less clean up in the spring.
- It’s best to rake up leaves and needles before they freeze to the ground, and prevent moisture from getting to the plants that need it.
- Lawn areas will do better as they will get more sunlight which prevents diseases or fungus that can occur if leaves are left on the turf areas.
- You need to have adequate mulch coverage in your planting beds to help insulate plant material.
- Young trees need to be wrapped to prevent sun scald.
- Tree limbs should be trimmed to prevent breakage of limbs in heavy snows.
Don’t spend your winter looking at an unkempt yard. Take care of your trees, bushes and lawn – your landscape is an investment in your home!